Disqus for Where Are My Knees

How stay on track on special occasions

Thursday 21 February 2013

I've been following the Weight Watchers plan for over two years now and I have come to the conclusion that you should never pass up a night of great food, wine and fun because you are afraid of going over your ProPoints allowance. I'm no stranger to a cocktail on the weekend and going for coffee and cake with friends but I still manage to stay within my budget. You can diet and have a social life, you just need to get the balance right.


Here are some of my top tips for eating out and staying on track:
  • Check the ProPoints values of what’s on offer before you eat out and make wise decisions. Plan this into your budget, order first so you aren't swayed by other peoples choices and you will see a good result at the scales. The Weight Watchers site has plenty of information about what foods have low points but you can also use an Eating Out guide (I keep a copy in my handbag) or you can use the app if your meal out is unplanned and want to know the ProPoints in a hurry.
  • If you think you are be in danger of going over your daily ProPoints budget you could have a light lunch, maybe a zero point vegetable soup or do some exercise to earn activity points.
     
  • Don’t eat the bread/olives/popadoms before the main course arrives – they’re just extra calories that you don’t need.

  • Don’t be afraid to tell the waiter or waitress that you would like your vegetables served without butter or your salad without dressing. Restaurant should be able to adapt meals to your requirements.


    Remember, if you are following the Weight Watchers plan then you have a weekly ProPoints budget of 49 so stop worrying, blow the lot on cocktails and enjoy yourself ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I Just stumbled across your blog because I was looking for healthy eating/excercise blogs in Wales! I really like the way you write and your recipes look good! Keep on posting and congrats on your progress so far :-) I did weight watchers in america and I liked it a lot, but it looks like it's changed a lot so it will be cool to see the differences :-)

    ReplyDelete