Disqus for Where Are My Knees

Sunday Summary 73

Sunday 14 October 2012

Another week gone by already! All of Team WAMK are hugely excited to get started with our 10 Week Pledges - if you haven't pledged already then check out our post and let us know what you want to achieve by Christmas Eve - you could even win some Zaggora 2.0 HotPants in the process!


Rosie - This was my first week of really getting stuck into what I would call 'clean eating' - lots of healthy foods, protein and veggies and no junk food! I planned out my meals at the beginning of the week and only allowed myself sugar free jellies and Nakd bars when I felt like I needed a snack.  Even though I only managed a couple of dog walks as exercise I'm chuffed to say I've lost a lb and a half so I'm making good headway towards my 10 week pledge! I also got up this morning and took the dog out for a 3.5 mile walk/jog today so feeling really good about that!

Gemma - I had a really good week and got back on track with Weight Watchers. I went to London yesterday and had cake for breakfast and huge burger and courgette fries... no good. I'm hoping that my good behaviour before London and a bit of exercise and eating well for the next two days before weigh in will mean I don't gain at weigh in this week. I'm feeling positive about next week and starting my 10 week challenge. 10 lbs is a lot to lose but I'm determined to do it!

Chris - this week I declared war on my stomach. I lost a lot of weight very quickly last year so I have some toning up to do in that respect - so this week I managed three Body Pump sessions as well as three half hours in the gym, doing a mix of running and rowing - and hello 3lbs loss! On the downside, my favourite jeans are now a little bit big for me - so if anyone wants to buy me an early Christmas present, I'll have a new pair of Vans V66s, please.

Sarah - I am going back on plan tomorrow and in preparation for this I have been eating one slice of cake a day instead of two and am pleased to say I have lost a pound this week! I won't be cutting out the cake, that would make for one miserable Sarah, but I will be mostly eating weightwatchers blueberry slices. Tiny bits of heaven!  I am going to be as good as possible this coming week but it will be really hard as I have a blogger night out, afternoon tea and a burger with some babes planned and to be honest that is way more satisfying for me than an extra pound off the scale :)

Lauren - I was up 1.5lbs at weigh-in on Thursday after a week of curry, chinese food, pizza and various other goodies, not to mention that delightful monthly treat that only us ladies have the joy of experiencing! I was expecting a slightly bigger gain so 1.5lbs is ok. That puts me back up to 13st 13lbs and I am so ready to attack our upcoming 10-week challenge and get rid of these last few pesky lbs! I've just got back from a lovely weekend in Canterbury visiting uni friends and while we did enjoy a few glasses of vino and a delicious meal out (if anyone ever goes to Canterbury I literally cannot recommend Cafe Du Soleils paella enough) we didn't go completely crazy so I'm hoping the scales will be kind come Thursday. I already have four gym sessions planned this week and there is some 0pt soup simmering away in the kitchen for my lunch tomorrow . 10 Week Pledge, lets be having you!

How did you guys get on this week?

9 comments:

  1. I think this 10 week pledge has really remotivated me - I've been faffing around the last few weeks but since I've decided to go for my 10lbs by Christmas I've gotten my mojo back and am actually, dare I say it, looking forward to going to the gym tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad to hear it! if you lose any motivation just chat to one of us on @wherearemyknees :)

      Delete
  2. Well done guys! Sounds like a good week for all, even those who gained. Good luck with the 10 week pledges (can't believe it's only 10 weeks until Christmas!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your progress, guys! This week hasn't been too good for me (free cake at work is too much of a temptation) but I'm going into this week with a new, more disciplined approach to the nonsense I put in my mouth :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dreading all the tins of chocolates in work before Christmas, might sit at the counter instead of my desk so I can't see them.

      Delete
  4. keep up the good work guys :)






    http://emmygrace8.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done all of you! I managed to lose the remainder of a small all inclusive holiday gain from two weeks ago with 3lbs off, so now it's down to business and the 10 week pledge :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck to you all. I've struggled with my weight all my life until I discovered Intermittent Fasting.... The idea is you eat only 500 calories every other day and eat normally in between. As well as significant weight loss, it brings long term benefits of reducing the risk of cancer, heart disease and diabetes. I write about my life with IF in my blog.... http://www.pcyclergirl@blogspot.co.uk
    I've dropped one dress size from uk 14 to 12 in just two months and hope to drop another before Xmas!!



    ReplyDelete
  7. Gooood work ladies and gent! Keep it up! And Lauren we were at Cafe Des Amis!! xx

    ReplyDelete