Disqus for Where Are My Knees

myvitamins review

Thursday 11 October 2012

About six weeks ago the Where Are My Knees gang (as it was then) were contacted by myvitamins, a new website launched in the summer which offers vitamins and minerals online.  We were all really interested in finding out more and they prepared us each a different set of 'plans', with the four plans being Weight Loss, Immune Boosting, Detox and Relax and Rejunvenation.  Within the plans we all had four or five different vitamins/minerals to take regularly.  I chose relax and rejuvenation and received Acai Berries, Vitamin C, Omega 3, Complete Immune and Complete Sleep.

Many people have strong feelings about whether you should or shouldn't take vitamins and minerals to supplement your diet.  Personally I do - I believe that whilst most people can get all of the vitamins and minerals they need from eating a balanced, varied diet, this is not always easy, and for a lot of people, not achievable on an every day basis.  For example, I don't eat a great deal of meat so I know my iron intake is sometimes low, so when I'm going through a period where I'm feeling excessively tired I'll take an iron supplement to make me feel better.  Researchers are also finding that some vitamins and minerals that are protective against disease are difficult to obtain just by eating alone, so there is definitely some evidence that they can be beneficial for your health.  However, taking too many supplements can be bad for you, so it's important to read up on advice and speak to your GP if you're not sure.



Personally I tried all of the vitamins but spaced it out so I was taking one at a time so I could see any difference and be able to attribute it to which I was taking.  The first I tried (and my favourite of them) was Complete Sleep.  I took two of these before I went to bed on nights when I thought I might have difficulty sleeping or was particularly tired and wanted to guarantee a good sleep.  I definitely found they helped me sleep better and I woke feeling more refreshed in the morning.  The other four supplements I had were focused around support for your immune system, and then Omega 3 for eye brain and heart health.  It's difficult to say with certainty whether these had an impact on my general well-being but one thing I would say is that I often tend to get poorly on holiday, particularly immediately after a flight (all those germs flying around, yuck!) - before and during my holiday in Florida I started taking Complete Immune and I was absolutely fine throughout it and also haven't picked up the dreaded cold that seems to be going around my friendship group (touching lots of wood here) so there's a high possibility it has given my immune system a boost.

I (Gemma) was supplied with a mixture of tablets to help boost my immune system. Like Rosie I took Complete Immune and I think these are something I would continue to take. I work odd hours, I'm always going on weekends away and have little time to myself so an illness can really stop me in my tracks. I just don't have the time to come down with the flu so capsules that contain a mixture of vitamins and essential minerals are the perfect way for me to look after myself with minimum effort. I also took vitamin C and D capsules, I'm not sure these are entirely essential as I already eat a lot of foods that are high in vitamins and the Complete Immune tablets contain both of these. I really despise the taste of green tea but love all the benefits it can give so I was keen to try out the Green Tea Extract tablets. Studies have shown that it can boost your metabolism, lower cholesterol and much more. I haven't finished the course of these yet and wont see immediate results but I'm interested in seeing the long term benefits of taking green tea supplements.
You need to be careful when taking any supplements like these. I can't take them the same time of day that I take my acne tablets that are perscribed by my GP so make sure you read the labels carefully.

One thing we all agreed on (slightly superficial I know!) is that we loved the packaging and presentation of the products - they are much more appealing than the boring labelled pots you usually get.  Their website is also really easy to use, with free delivery and three for two across their whole range of products.  Personally I'll definitely be using them from now on to buy the vitamins I take regularly.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that the packaging looks great on them. I've been tempted with taking vitamins recently as it's cold season and I hate getting man flu. So far I've been content with ODing on orange juice and chicken soup :)

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not buy from them again!

    I made an order for 5 packages of protein powder, that A Supply that should last fro 180 days.
    After I made the order, I noticed that at the bottom of the Product page in small letters "BBD- / 01/02/2015", BBD stands for Best Before Date.
    It means they are sending to me in international delivery products that will expire as soon as they reaches me.

    I immediately put a request to cancel the order, and the request was not accepted.
    I contacted to their customer service representatives and begged that they would cancel the order, and they refused.
    I tried again the next day, and my request was rejected again.
    Two days later, I noticed that they erased the BBD date from the product page Which means that they deliberately misleading customers.

    Three days later I received my shipment message that my Order Dispatched.
    I asked them again to cancel the shipment and they said it was too late since of my Order already Dispatched.

    This is the worst site I came across. Sell expired products, and horrible customer service.

    ReplyDelete